I’ve tried to capture what I feel are the important traits to put “Design” First, to have a design driven development.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Setup & Pre-requisites
Migrate Database to SQL Azure
- Upload the database to SQL Azure using SQL Azure Migration Wizard
- Change your connection strings in web.config to point to SQL Azure.
Would it work on Azure?
- Add Azure Project to the your Solution (that you’re migrating)
- Compile & Run locally by choosing the azure project (*.ccproj) as the startup
- Use management portal and create hosted service (select ‘No Deployment’ option)
- Create a Storage Account
Publish to Azure
- Rebuild your Solution in VS.Net 2010 and click ‘Publish’
- Create a new certificate
- Click on View and Save the certificate to a file (*.cer file)
- From management portal get your subscription ID (available in the properties of the root node called Subscription)
- It should authenticate and the Storage account dropdown should list the accounts you’ve created before. Select the account shown.
- Click on remote configure link
- Create another certificate for remote access
- Click on View and save the certificate with Private key (the password you provide here will be needed when you upload the certificate to Azure portal) (*.pfx)
- Upload the certificate under Certificate Folder under your Hosted Service
- Click ‘OK’